Please note: This page may contain affiliate links, which means I can earn a commission if you click on the links and/or make a purchase. You can read more here.
Download the Top Secret Code classroom signs freebie!
The Top Secret Code daily classroom routine is a great way to help your students review important words, letters, numbers – anything they need to work on. Read on to learn more!
I’m all about embedding skills practice and review into daily classroom routines. The more you can pack into your everyday activities, the less time you have to spend directly teaching & reteaching. Plus, with things like sight words, letters, numbers, shapes – anything that needs to be memorized – repeated exposure is key.
When you hang these Top Secret Code classroom signs in your room, you’ll provide a little extra exposure and practice for your students every single day.
Not only that, but it can be a great Quick Check – using this routine makes it so easy to see who does or does not know the word/letter/number you’re working on.
Here’s how it works:
- Print the version of the sign you want to use and laminate it.
- Hang it by your classroom door, the sink, your guided reading table – wherever there’s a lot of traffic throughout the day.
- Use a dry erase marker to write the word/letter/number of the day on the sign.
- Have your students read the Top Secret Code before they can enter the classroom, wash their hands, or join your guided reading table.
Voila! Instant review added to your day!
1/4 page Top Secret Code cards are included too!
Maybe you don’t have a lot of wall space. Maybe you want to put Top Secret Code cards in several spots throughout your classroom. Or maybe you want to:
- Give each student their own Top Secret Code – whatever word/letter/number they need to practice individually. They can keep them in their desks or their lockers, then once they have that one memorized, give them a new one!
- Have each student write the sight word/letter/number of the week on a card, then send them home to review with their families!