Download the editable sight word cards freebie!
Sight word cards are a staple for early learners, but commercially-made flash cards never have all the words you need. That’s why you’ll love these editable cards – you can decide which words to use and leave the rest behind.
4 size & orientation combos to meet your printing needs:
- Large portrait orientation: 2.75″ wide x 3.7″ wide (8 per page)
- Large landscape orientation: 3.7″ wide x 2.75″ tall (9 per page)
- Small portrait orientation: 2″ wide x 2.75″ tall (15 per page)
- Small landscape orientation: 2.75″ wide x 2″ tall (16 per page)
And each size has over 100 editable cards!
How to prep them:
- Download the free PDF below.
- Choose the size & orientation you want to use for your sight word cards.
- Type your sight words into each box. Note: for the font to work correctly, you’ll need to open the file using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (not as a preview or a web viewer).
- Print them on cardstock and laminate them for durability.
Simple and inviting design:
Let’s be honest, as teachers, we love cute things! But sometimes the cute printable things eat up a LOT of printer ink, and that can get very costly. These sight word cards have just enough “extra” to make them appealing, with an easy-to-read font, but they won’t waste your ink.
So many uses:
These editable sight word cards are so versatile! Add them to your literacy centers (click here to get some fun ideas), send them with your students to practice at home, use them in your guided reading groups, hang them on your word wall…there are so many options!